Grilled Grouper with Tropical Salsa
A wonderful taste sensation and so summer refreshing
- 1/2 cantaloupe or mango, peeled, seeded, cubed (about 1 c)
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 10 ounces grouper fillets or up to 12 oz of other firm whitefish fillets
- 1 tablespoon oil
Prepare grill (medium-high heat) or preheat broiler.
Mix first 6 ingredients in non-aluminum bowl. Season to taste with salt. Let stand at room temperature at least 15 minutes or cover and refrigerate up to 2 hours.
Brush fish with oil. Season with salt and pepper.
Grill fish until just cooked through, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer fish to plates. Spoon salsa over.