90 Minute Dinner Rolls


Can you say yum?


This recipe is one I favor, not only because it delivers quick yeast rolls but because nothing beats fresh, homemade, hot out-of-the-oven taste that is a whole lot better than store-bought.

90 Minute Dinner Rolls

Makes 12

2 cups unsifted flour
2 tablespoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 package dry yeast
1/2 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 cup water
2 Tablespoons margarine
1 beaten egg

Mix 3/4 cup flour, sugar, salt, and undissolved yeast.

Meanwhile, heat milk, water, vanilla and margarine until warm (120-130F).

Gradually add to the dry ingredients. Beat 2 minutes at medium speed; add 1/2 cup flour. Beat in egg. With dough hook, beat at high speed for 2 minutes and stir in enough additional flour (in 1/4 cup increments) to make a soft smooth dough. Knead until smooth.

Divide dough into 12 equal pieces. Shape into balls and arrange in a greased 9x13" pan. Cover rolls and place in a draft free warm area.

Let rise to double in bulk and bake at 375F for 20 to 25 minutes.

Comments

  1. A 90 minute dinner roll, oh Drick you're my hero!! (hand Up, head down) just today for dinner I served premade frozen rolls...shame on me!!

    sweetlife

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to post some rolls this week, too, but I think I will put it off for a while. There is nothing like hot, fresh out of the oven rolls with butter dripping off of them. Merry Christmas, Drick and thank you for a great year of recipes, comments and friendship.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so agree. Just the smell of fresh yeast bread sends me to Heaven. Interesting. I never knew vanilla was in the mix. I wonder if this would work with a whole wheat pastry flour? Whole wheat flour is too dense, but I've been using the pastry flour and it's much lighter. Love the color of these rolls too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Drick - Food 52 was having a best dinner rolls contest. I don't know if they still are but you should totally enter if it's still on!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love fresh yeast rolls and this recipe is over the top! Beautiful! Cheers, cher!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fresh out of the oven is a good thing...these look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ok at what point are you adding the egg and vanilla?????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @ Barbara C. - yup, left it out of my notes ... have now made corrections. thanks for letting me know...

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts