Southern goodness in no time flat...
...with the help of bottled marinade, all you need is a nudge for bodacious eating.
Fish Po'Boy Sandwiches
- 1 cup Lawry's® Lemon Pepper Marinade with Lemon Juice
- 1 1/2 pounds flounder or tilapia fillets
- 1/2 cup plain dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 4 split French bread hoggies
- Thinly sliced tomatoes and shredded lettuce -optional
Pour 3/4 cup the Lemon Pepper Marinade over fillets in a large nonaluminum baking dish or plastic bag and turn to coat. Cover, or close bag, and marinate in refrigerator about 30 minutes. Combine remaining 1/4 cup Marinade with Mayonnaise; set aside.
Place bread crumbs in a shallow pie plate. Remove fillets from Marinade, discarding Marinade. Heat 1/4-inch oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat and cook fillets, in batches, until golden brown and fish flakes with a fork, turning once. Drain on paper towels.
Evenly spread reserved mayonnaise mixture on both cut-sides of rolls. Top with fillets, the sliced tomatoes and lettuce, then tops of rolls.