Hangover Shrimp

Shrimp of the Week

"The best cure for a hangover is to not drink"
...so said my grandmother many times to us youngins, normally after a holiday party. This recipe is very tasty and a remedy said to cure hangovers. I don't know about that, I think just eating helps but this is a sure way to cook up some shrimp that will keep everyone feeling great.
P.S. .....no, I don't have a hangover, it is Wednesday for Pete's sake, but these recipes go out to a few of my blog foodie friends.

Hangover Shrimp
  • 1 -32 oz can V-8 juice 
  • 1 can beer 
  • 3 to 6 jalapeno or habanero peppers 
  • 1 large onion chopped 
  • 1 tsp. salt 2 cloves garlic, chopped 
  • 3 lbs. shrimp, peeled and de-veined 
Place all ingredients, except shrimp, in a large pot and bring to a boil. Add shrimp and remove from heat. Let stand about 20 minutes. Drain and cover shrimp with ice to chill. Serve with a remoulade or cocktail sauce.

Comments

  1. Oh my gosh, my husband will LOVE this! I really like your blog and can't wait to try out some of your recipes!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts