This dip can easily be converted to a spread, just reduce the Picante sauce and add a minced jalapeno if desired.
Tex-Mex Crab Dip
Makes 3 cups
- 1 -8 oz package cream cheese -softened
- 1 cup Picante sauce
- 1 cup lump crab meat -picked of shells
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons sliced ripe olives
- 2 tablespoons diced fresh tomato
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro or parsley
- Tortilla chips or assorted crackers
Combine the cream cheese and Picante sauce in a large bowl, fold in the crab, cheese and onions mixing well. Cover and refrigerate. Transfer to a serving bowl if desired and sprinkle with the olives, tomato and cilantro. Serve with the chips or crackers.