A recipe has to be pretty darn good to say is is the best ever. In my opinion, this one is probably better, if that's possible.
Each layer has an incredible taste and combined, makes you say "bet you can't east just one" bite.
Best Ever Five Layer Dip
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 1 -8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 2 envelopes taco seasoning
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 medium tomatoes, cubed
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 4 green scallions, chopped, divide green & white parts
- 1/4 cup diced pickled jalapeño peppers
- 1/2 small red onion, minced
- 2 tablespoons wine vinegar
- Sea salt to taste
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 -16 oz can refried beans, warmed for easier stirring
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chile powder
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1 -6 oz can sliced black olives, drained
Combine sour cream, cream cheese and taco seasoning. Refrigerate several hours.
In separate bowl, mash avocados and blend with limejuice and mayonnaise.
In another bowl, combine tomatoes, cilantro, the green parts of the chopped onions, jalapeño, vinegar, salt and pepper to taste.
In another bowl, mix the beans, chile powder and the white part of the chopped onions, let cool.
In glass bowl or baking dish, layer ingredients as follows: bean dip, avocado mixture, sour cream, tomato mixture, cheese and black olives. Serve with tortilla chips.
Note: I like to serve this on a large platter or in a casserole dish. It makes for better dipping.