Crawfish Beignets

Continuing with recipes from Bay Tables, this one has so many variations, the only thing that may be common is the use of crawfish tails. Onions, bell pepper and celery (the trinity) are many times included and I have heard of adding vegetables like zuccini, merlitons and eggplant. You can use shrimp if crawfish is not available.

Bay Tables: A Collection of Recipes from the Junior League of MobileBay Tables, a collection of recipes published by the Junior League of Mobile, is now retired from publication but there are a few cookbooks still left.Hurry and order your copy today.
  Crawfish Beignets

1 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup water
1 teaspoon chopped garlic
1 -2 oz jar diced pimento, drained
3 green onions, chopped
4 drops of Tabasco, or to taste
8 oz crawfish tail meat, cooked and chopped
2 1/2 quarts peanut oil
    Combine everything in a bowl mixing well. Chill covered in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
    Heat oil to 365 degrees F. in a large heavy saucepan. Drop batter by spoonful into the hot oil. Deep-fry for 7 to 8 minutes or until golden brown. Remove and drain on paper towels.

    Serve with Horseradish Sauce below, my Creole Seafood Sauce, or my Creole Tartar Sauce served with another adaption of these crawfish appetizers.

    Horseradish Sauce

    2 teaspoons minced garlic
    3 tablespoons horseradish or to taste
    1 cup mayonnaise
    1 teaspoon Creole mustard
    2 green onions, finely chopped
      Blend everything but the green onions in a food processor or blender until smooth. Spoon into a bowl and stir in the green onions. Chill covered for at least an hour.

      Comments

      1. Wow...Drick, this is another one that I would love to have. I have taken note of so many of your recipes. Now I don't know where to start. Maybe the best is to visit you and you will cook all for me. You will, right? :P Thanks a zillion in advance!

        ReplyDelete
      2. A lot of little heavenly crawfish in these, sounds so flavorful, great with a cold beer in front of the cabana~

        ReplyDelete
      3. Hi Drick! Taking some time to look over my fave blogs ... of course this recipes doesn't disappoint. Yum!!!

        ReplyDelete
      4. Ooo, this is what I want for my lunch! Crawfish beignets sound so good!!!

        ReplyDelete
      5. Looks sinfully delicious! You are killing me, Drick and that is coming from a Cajun! I am going to make these, now!!! I just bought some crawfish, today, and I have everything else. Merci beaucoup for the great recipe and for the book link!

        ReplyDelete
      6. These must be sooooo good...

        ReplyDelete

      Post a Comment

      Popular Posts