Golden Marmalade


Pickling Reprieve

At least for today.

Another canning recipe, yes, but since it’s Thursday, I am posting something sweet for you.

This is a perfect topping for a scone, a muffin or just plain toast, maybe even an addition to a seafood glaze. This citrus marmalade is a good one folks, a gracious medley of fruit with peachy orange overtones – unbelievable good.
Get out your canning supplies and get to work, you’ll thank me for this one come winter. Enjoy!


Golden Citrus Marmalade
Makes about 5 pints

6 ounces dried apricots, halved
1 cup water
1/2 cup Grand Marnier Liqueur
1 -8 ounce can pineapple tidbits, with juice
1 large orange, cut in pieces, seeds removed
1 small lemon, cut in pieces, seeds removed
2 1/2 cups sugar
2 pounds peaches, peeled and chopped
2 cinnamon sticks
    In a large stockpot, set apricots, sugar, water, pineapple and juice, set aside.
    Blend in a blender the Liqueur, oranges and lemon. Add the liquored fruit to the stockpot along with the sugar, peaches and cinnamon sticks. Heat to boiling point, then lower heat and simmer gently for 1 1/2 hours or until thickened. Stir occasionally during cooking. Remove cinnamon and pack marmalade in sterilized jars leaving 1/2 inch head space. Process in a water bath for 15 minutes.

    Note: My Aunt Ida made a similar one using golden raisins instead of the apricots and added chopped pecans.

    Comments

    1. Aha....I'll love it scooped over ice cream :D

      ReplyDelete
    2. wow this does sound great!I love the citrus with the apricots, I will use this on salmon for sure has to be perfect for my salmon love it~

      ReplyDelete
    3. Love it!

      Love it!

      Love it!!

      Now with this.. I just need to get my hands on an ice cream machine... my birthday's coming up... so I will make some fresh ice cream with what is hopefully a nice ice cream machine birthday present and make some of this to drizzle over the top... and eat fifths and sixths..

      ReplyDelete
    4. This looks like a definite canning adventure to try in the near future. Every time I think of marmalade my grandmother comes to mind. But, since I rarely eat it anymore but still have a taste for it, this recipe sounds perfect. Well done.

      ReplyDelete
    5. I love marinades. They make wonderful salad dressings and marinades. This would be delicious as a chicken marinade.

      ReplyDelete
    6. Looks tasty, especially with apricots

      ReplyDelete
    7. Nice marmalade recipe. Thanks for sharing your cooking talent.

      ReplyDelete
    8. What a unique marmalade! A terrific combo of ingredients! I love the Grand Marnier Liqueur here!

      ReplyDelete
    9. This would go very well with some ginger scones I have in my freezer. Really nice combination of flavors!

      ReplyDelete
    10. Love Marmalade. This is very similar to British marmelade and making me feel homesick!! Excellent!!

      ReplyDelete
    11. Wow! You know I love homemade preserves. I bet Grand Marnier makes this especially tasty! :)

      ReplyDelete
    12. Ooooh. This looks wonderful! And in a seafood glaze... yum.

      ReplyDelete
    13. Love homemade marmalade! I can't get enough of it!

      ReplyDelete
    14. this would be perfect for seafood, or a glaze or biscuits..yhum

      sweetlife

      ReplyDelete
    15. this is lovely. I love apricots, with peaches, now, I cannot wait to try this. amazing combination of flavors. Thank you again for sharing another great recipe.

      ReplyDelete

    Post a Comment

    Popular Posts