Grilled Fruit Skewers with Ginger Cream


Don’t forget dessert…


… or maybe as a side dish with the meal, or with a tangy dressing as a salad. Fruit goes well with grilled foods and while the coals are hot, you might as well use the heat for something good.

These wonderful fruit kabobs would be just great with a sweet, creamy dessert dressing or try the one I just found from my cousin Julia in Huntsville. Her recipe is given below.

Or, maybe served along side a fondue pot and dipped into the sinful Marshmallow Cream Sauce I posted a while back. Drizzled with a little chocolate would be pure decadence. Oh my goodness - now my sweet tooth just spread across my whole mouth. Enjoy!


Grilled Fruit Skewers

1/2 fresh pineapple, trimmed and cut into 1-inch chunks
3 medium nectarines, cut into 1-inch chunks
3 medium pears, cut into 1-inch chunks
3 medium fresh peaches, cut into 1-inch chunks
3 to 4 medium plums, cut into 1-inch chunks
10 apricots, halved
3 tablespoons honey, warmed in the microwave
    Place fruit alternately onto metal or soaked bamboo skewers.
    Grill, uncovered, over medium-hot coals (or heat) until fruit is heated through, about 6 minutes, turning often. Brush with the warm honey for a sweet, golden glaze.

    Ginger Cream for Fruit

    1 cup sour cream
    1 to 2 teaspoons ground ginger
    2 teaspoons powdered sugar or honey
      Mix together and refrigerate until serving time.

      Comments

      1. I have never grilled fruits. I bet it's very delicious with the honey and cream. Dricks, thanks very much for your words of comfort on my blog. You sure have a way to make me smile widely :D

        ReplyDelete
      2. I always see these as alot of fun at any barbecue love to make the dips or fondues for them as well...I almost forgot all about these thanks for reminding me, a perfect treat!

        ReplyDelete
      3. You had me at grilled! This looks wonderful.

        ReplyDelete
      4. Freakin' DRICK!


        I HAVE BEEN WANTING TO DO THIS. AND WAS HOPING TO DO IT ON MONDAY.. WAS GOING TO LOOK FOR A RECIPE TODAY, KID YOU NOT.

        There you go being all awesome, again!

        ReplyDelete
      5. These grilled fruit skewers are a wonderful idea for a summer barbecue, I love the idea of chocolate or marshmallow cream sauce along side!

        ReplyDelete
      6. A perfect summer dessert! I also love the idea of ginger cream with grilled fruit, yum!

        ReplyDelete
      7. What a wonderful go-with for summer meals. This is my first visit to your blog. I found you by chance and had intended only to say hello and then move on. I. instead, started reading your earlier posts and stayed far longer than I had intended. I really like your blog and will visit as often as I can. I hope you are having a wonderful day. Blessings...Mary

        ReplyDelete
      8. What a great idea for summer company cook outs!!

        ReplyDelete
      9. Looks beautiful. Love to try the ginger fruit cream:)

        ReplyDelete
      10. I love grilled fruits!! skewers is such a great idea, you get a variety of grilled fruits!
        thanks for sharing!

        ReplyDelete
      11. Drick, this looks amazing. Not to mention I've been looking for a grilled dessert for my women's cooking club next month. i think I might have just found one. Thanks for sharing!

        ReplyDelete
      12. Grilled stone fruit just can't be beat. So sweet and colorful! I love the ginger cream.

        ReplyDelete
      13. Looks fabulous! I just love grilled fruit, especially pineapple, and that Ginger Cream sounds heavenly!

        ReplyDelete
      14. Love grilled fruits... Now I just have to wait patiently for our local summer fruit season to start! Great post...

        ReplyDelete
      15. Ginger cream is a great idea. So envious to see all the lovely summer recipes.

        ReplyDelete

      Post a Comment

      Popular Posts