Smoked Salmon Cheese Spread



Quick Party Spread

As appetizers go, and they do go rather fast at parties, I came across this one in the cookbook I am enjoying, 500 Best Sauces, Salad Dressings, Marinades & More by George Geary. It's the one I mentioned yesterday.

If you're like me, you might need a few quick recipes in your gamut to ease when preparing for a party and this one seems to be just perfect. Make it ahead of time, double up the recipe and fill up pastry bags so they will be ready to go. As guests begin nibbling away, it will be a snap to pipe out another tray in no time flat. Enjoy!

Smoked Salmon Cheese Spread
makes 1 1/2 cups

8 oz cream cheese, softened
3 oz smoked salmon
1/4 cup fresh dill
2 tablespoons capers, drained
1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper
1/4 teaspoon hot pepper flakes
    In a food processor fitted with a metal blade, process ingredients until smooth, about 30 seconds.
    Place in a pastry bag fitted with a star tip to pipe on top of crackers.
    Note: George mentions he likes to use water crackers and top it off with fresh dill leaves.

    Comments

    1. That's lovely finger food. Would be great for parties. I have only eaten smoked salmon once, I think. I remember my friend served me smoked salmon rolls a long time ago, with some type of mousse in side. Within minutes my body broke out into rashes. That was scary. I still wonder what I was allergic to. Maybe I can use cooked salmon, just mash it.

      ReplyDelete
    2. these will be perfect for a staff appetizer meeting, impressive and easy I love it~

      ReplyDelete
    3. This is excellent for parties! Yum!

      ReplyDelete
    4. A definite keeper! Smoked salmon make me sing!

      ReplyDelete
    5. Hi Drick! This looks perfect for my Happy Hour Friday blog posts. Yum!

      ReplyDelete
    6. love this, easy and so perfect for get together or even movie night for us..haha

      thanks for sharing
      sweetlife

      ReplyDelete
    7. I love Smoked Salmon spread especially with my bagel and fresh tomatoes.

      ReplyDelete
    8. Smoked Salmon Spread a truly "ME" kind of snack for all time.

      ReplyDelete
    9. This looks like something that I would make for a party and eat it all before the guests arrive. YUM.

      ReplyDelete
    10. It is a great little party food.

      ReplyDelete
    11. ...Did you ever know that you're my hero?....

      ReplyDelete

    Post a Comment

    Popular Posts