Teriyaki Garlic Steak Marinade


Flavor Up

One of the things I like to do as most of you know, is spend time outside on the patio enjoying  a few moments of relaxation. Now when I have the pleasure of grilling dinner at the same time, life is good.

Western seasoned steaks meet eastern flavors ... and that folks is my newest steak flavor coming off the grill.

I used My Steak Rub and mixed this marinade to infused together a very flavorful grilled steak, having somewhat undertones of a baste similar to a Japanese steak house dipping sauce along with the western seasonings of the rub. All I can say is, this was one great steak. And the combination is a definite keeper.

Afterthoughts: add lemon or lime for a varying taste and use with poultry, pork and seafood...


Teriyaki Garlic Steak Marinade

2 tablespoons brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
2 teaspoon prepared minced garlic
1 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
1/8 teaspoon cayenne
1/3 cup teriyaki sauce
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 tablespoons Worcestershire
1 teaspoon liquid smoke
2 tablespoons cooking oil

Whisk together.








Use with or without a rub...




Funnel into a shaker bottle for use and storage.

Shake well before use.

Apply to steaks 10-20 minutes prior to grilling.

Use to baste on the grill if desired.

Comments

  1. I like this west meets east steak marinade, it sounds really good. It is interesting with the smokey-ness and ginger!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I love Teriyaki marinade... sounds delicious using your homemade recipe will be trying this soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love teriyaki sauce/marinade. This just sounds so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooeeee! This marinade is over the top, cher! And with your fabulous rub, what an awesome combination! Can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks like a delicious steak marinade that I will be trying soon. I hope we have a warmer Summer than last year, our BBQ is not getting enough use;-)

    The pie/slump looks good too;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beef, Chicken, Pork and some fresh garden veggies are going to benefit from this marinade.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh....once again, I forgot my lunch and knew better than to check your site this afternoon. Another great marinade. Your family must eat very well :-0

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is exactly the sort of marinade I love on all meats...the Asian flavors are so wonderful on the grill. I'll have to find your rub next!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yum, Drick, this sounds great, and would be so nice with some crunchy green veggies on the side.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have no idea what liquid smoke is but it all sounds good. Is it a type of bottled sauce?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Drick, I'm glad I didn't missed out this page. I like this recipe alot. Copying it down. Thanks again, Chef.
    Enjoy your day.
    Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  12. This teriyaki garlic steak marinade sounds wonderful. Thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like! Our weather has been a bit back and forth but I am sure grilling time is coming. Great idea to add some citrus for fish as well as we usually have both :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Made the marinade last night...Y U M M Y! Highly recommend!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts