July 1, 2012

My Best Coleslaw Recipe

Creamy, 

in a sweet and tart dressing way


I feel the need to apologize. Of all my recipes I have shared, this is one I have not. Shame on me for it is a darn good one, a favorite for cookouts, barbecue shindigs and fish fry suppers as well.

Like so many southern cold salads, with this one you form a base or dressing as we like to call it, by emulsifying oil into a creamy base and layering in flavors that give us that sweet, tart taste making this slaw very rewarding and satisfying.
Enjoy!

My Coleslaw

10-12 servings

1/2 cup mayonnaise
3 tablespoons sugar
1 1/2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
1/4 cup salad oil
1/8 teaspoon celery salt
1/4 teaspoon salt
Black pepper to taste
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1/4 cup sour cream
1 tablespoon grated onion
1 carrot -grated
1 large green cabbage -finely cut

Whisk first four ingredients in a large bowl until sugar dissolves. Stir in the next seven until smooth and then fold in the cabbage and carrots thoroughly to coat with dressing.

Refrigerate until ready to serve.

6 comments :

  1. Hope your having a great summer so far! I love slaw. Usually with mandarin oranges.. yours recipe is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love a good, tangy coleslaw recipe. This one's definitely a keeper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this coleslaw recipe. Sounds delicious. I like coleslaw that is sweet and tangy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you decided to share! Dijon sounds good in this. Thanks for linking and hope you have a fun 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing your best coleslaw recipe-this looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nothing like cole slaw. And it wouldn't be summer without it, now would it?

    ReplyDelete