Mixed-Up Corn Nachos

And yet another appetizer...

It may sound a little crazy, maybe a little off the wall for some, but this is one appetizer that is some kind of good.  

Mixed-Up Corn Nachos 

1 tablespoon vegetable oil 
1/2 cup diced red bell pepper 
1/2 cup finely chopped onion 
3/4 cup whole kernel corn 
4 ounces diced green chilies 
1 cup sour cream 
8 ounces cream cheese, softened 
2 tsp. chili powder 
2 tsp. ground cumin
Cayenne pepper to taste 
Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste 
Tortilla chips 
4 slices bacon, fried crisp, drained and crumbled 
2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese (8 oz.)
Chili powder and cayenne pepper 
Thinly sliced jalapeño peppers
    In large skillet heat oil and sauté red pepper, onion and corn until onions are soft. Stir in green chilies, put aside. In medium bowl, blend together sour cream, cream cheese, chili powder, cumin, cayenne, salt and pepper. Fold mixture into sautéed vegetables. Place chips on two 10 inch oven-proof platters. Cover chips with vegetable mixture. Sprinkle crumbled bacon and cheese on top. Add additional chili powder and cayenne pepper, if desired. Arrange jalapeño peppers on top. Broil for 2-3 minutes or until cheese melts.

    Comments

    1. I dont need need to go anywhere else but here to find the yummiest appeitzers for Sunday, I am all winged out! So these are perfect!!

      ReplyDelete
    2. OOOOOOh Drick, love the nachos! There's always room for nachos.

      ReplyDelete
    3. Oooh...this sounds very delicious. But I don't think I can find Monterey Jack cheese here. Or maybe I have not looked hard enough. Maybe I can substitute with other cheeses. Got to try one of your nachos sauces one of these days. Hope you have a wonderful day, Drick.

      ReplyDelete
    4. You know what they say - this is so crazy that I KNOW it's gotta work!! No, but seriously, you've got your cheese, nachos, jalapenos ... I am not seeing anything here I don't love. Nice twist on a fave!

      ReplyDelete
    5. Hey Drick! Our company for tomorrow has to eat gluten free. This will work nicely for them. I might switch out the bacon for some ground beef already cooked up in the frig. Hmmmm. Bacon and ground beef . . . sounds like the perfect Super Bowl snack! Have a good weekend.

      Kristi

      ReplyDelete
    6. Sounds really good Drick...couldn't think of anything more perfect for game day!
      Have a wonderful weekend!

      ReplyDelete
    7. that certainly isn't your garden variety nacho, but the more I think about it, the more hungry I get! you had my attention at bacon, and the corn is also a wonderful addition to that plateful of joy!
      thanks for making us think a little outside the box....I know how I'm fixing my next nacho platter!
      Cheers
      Dennis

      ReplyDelete
    8. You've got it all going on;-) I like all your ingredients and here's to pulling out all the stops;-)
      Happy Super Bowl Sunday!

      ReplyDelete
    9. I love the corn in it - corn adds a touch of sweetness to the nachos and I can make believe I am having health food.

      ReplyDelete
    10. I like! These are a great appetizer for anytime :)

      ReplyDelete

    Post a Comment

    Popular Posts