Grape, Walnut and Blue Cheese Spread


  Dips and Spreads

You may think I do not pay attention but I do and I know what you like. The number one recipe with the most hits last week was:
(do the drum roll thing)

So, I thought it would be nice of me to share a few more of my favorites.
This one is always a crowd pleaser.


Grape, Walnut and Blue Cheese Spread
Makes about 3 cups

1 cup walnut halves
2 cups (8 ounces) crumbled blue cheese
2 tablespoons Port or dry sherry
2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
1 cup seedless red grapes, rinsed and patted dry
Walnut halves and grapes for garnish -optional

Toast walnuts in a heavy skillet over medium heat stirring constantly until golden, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a bowl to cool.
In a food processor, blend cheese, Port and cream to a smooth paste. Add grapes. Pulse grapes to coarsely chopped and distribute throughout mixture. Scrape mixture into a serving bowl. Coarsely chop walnuts and stir into mixture. Cover tightly and refrigerate an hour or overnight.
Serve cool or at room temperature, garnished with walnut halves and grapes. Very good with crackers and vegetables.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts