Beer Dips

Did you say beer dips?

Super Bowl is coming up - get ready

Now it wouldn't be a football party without beer or something to go with it and in this case, dips made with beer.

I found these recipes last year when I did the college football 'Tailgating' series but never published them. The first is so simple and amazingly good for only having 3 ingredients plus the beer. Finely diced green onions and ham is also a good addition. The second one, has been around for years and is good also, not sure if it is endorsed by Hidden Valley though. And the third fondue recipe I have not tried but was intrigued by the taste or character it sounds like it carries.

Hope you try one. Who are you rooting for - Steelers or Packers? Enjoy!

Cheesy Beer Dip

1 -8 oz package cream cheese, softened
1 -10 oz package sharp cheddar cheese, grated
1 can beer
1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
Bread rounds
Assorted vegetables

Blend the first 4 ingredients in a food processor until well mixed. Place in a serving bowl and refrigerate for several hours. Serve with the bread rounds and cut-up vegetables.

Pretzel Dip

1 packaged Hidden Valley dip mix, original flavor
2 -8 oz packages cream cheese, softened
6 oz beer
6 oz cheddar cheese, grated
Seasonings of choice - I toss in a little Worcestershire, cayenne, dry mustard and a pinch of salt
Pretzels of choice

Combine everything but pretzels in a bowl mixing well. Chill until ready to serve with the pretzels.

Beer Cheese Fondue

1 loaf of French bread
1 -16 oz package Velveeta cheese, cubed
1 1/2 cups frozen finely chopped broccoli, cooked and drained well
1/4 cup beer
1 -2 oz jar diced pimientos, drained
1 teaspoon course ground mustard

Cut bread into 1-inch cube and toast in a 350 degree F. oven for 10 minutes stirring twice or until lightly toasted. Transfer to a serving basket or bowl. Melt cheese in a 2-quart saucepan over medium heat stirring occasionally. Stir in the beer, broccoli, pimientos and mustard. Cook on low heat stirring until hot. Place cheese into fondue pot or slow cooker and set on lowest heating. Serve with the toasted bread cubes.

Comments

  1. Beer in the dip itself....brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh...I love all these dips. Maybe I should do it for Chinese New Year party (if I do) or my ladies' lunches. Oh Drick, I have fallen in love with Nachos and the spicy tomato salsa dip (bought) lately. Do you know how to make the salsa? I hope to make myself. Thanks lots in advance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Drick, your genius never ceases to amaze me! Beer dip sounds delicious! I know what I'm making for the Super Bowl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yahoo! Any dip that includes beer has to be good (for the soul at least). Go Steelers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Folks - I cannot take credit for these recipes, I only like them.... like I said, I had them stashed away but I do not know where they came from.... and as you know, I've been known to doctor-up a few recipes, so take any one of these and add your own personal touch...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can tell you that this would be a hit here for sure. I cant imagine anyone not wanting this dip love the flavors great for superbowl and just in time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think Beer Cheese Fondue will be the easiest way to pull my one-night-only party together. My girlfriends called up today to say they will all come over tomorrow, all six of them. How can I say no when it's been almost a decade since I last saw them? So, I did say yes and I think I will be able to pull it of now. Thanks for the ideas here, lol! I'm thinking beer cheese fondue will be perfect with a couple bottle of wine. And then seafood fondue for dinner will be simply awesome for the girls!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beer dip sounds great with some salted pretzels!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can of beer in the super bowl cheesy dip sounds just perfect!
    My son is on the way home from his Alabama experience, he enjoyed a seafood feed served up at the Senior Bowl and posted some great stories at 49ers.com.
    Sounds like you live in a fun part of the US, I'm glad he had a chance to experience it first hand, maybe I'll make it some day. I don't care who wins the Super Bowl, just hope it's a good game and I can burn off some of the calories I consume by jumping off my chair once in awhile during the game;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like the perfect kind of food for a game day party.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Drick, you are my favorite. Having beer while having cheesy beer dip is pure heaven to me.

    Wanna come over for the game? Philadelphia isn't all THAT far away..

    ReplyDelete
  12. perfect for game day, I am really feeling the beer cheese fondue!! thanks for sharing

    sweetlife

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your opening photo :) I do not do football, but I would love to try any or all of these dips :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts