Gulf Coast Sunset Dip

original photo from Pace


Nuttin' better,
or easier


...than a quick satisfying dip for game day. This is a good one folks and you may want to make two batches, one for each half of the game.

And a quick thank you to the fine folks at Pace and Foodbuzz Tastemaker's program. I received two jars of Picante from them the other day and I appreciate it very much. Mucho gracias and thanks ya'll.

Here is a recipe for my version of a wonderful and flavorful dip that has been around a while now, proving it must be a classic. While the original recipe uses only three ingredients, I added a few more to give it that Gulf Coast taste and with crab meat, of course. Shrimp would be good, but I suspect they might toughen during baking. Enjoy!

Gulf Coast Sunset Dip
A classic dip, with my own spin, of course

1 -8 oz package cream cheese -softened
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
Dash of Worcestershire
1 cup fresh crab meat (claw meat is fine for this one), or 6 oz canned drained well
1 cup shredded cheddar jack or sharp cheddar cheese
1 cup Pace Mild or Medium Picante sauce
Tortilla chips -toasted

Mix the cream cheese, mayonnaise, chili powder and Worcestershire together. Gently fold in the crab meat. Spread the mixture in a glass pie plate or low baking dish. Sprinkle with the shredded cheese. Bake for 30 minutes or until cheese melts and bubbly. Top with the salsa and serve with the chips.

Find the original recipe for Sunset Dip here.

All opinions of product are mine 
and I received no compensation other than the free product itself.

Comments

  1. Drick, I always enjoy your dipping recipes. And it's perfect to the coming festive season as well. You're one of the best cookbook ever! Thanks for sharing & hope you're enjoying your day.
    Blessings, Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Crab? this is amazing with pace what a great idea...Crab period is my weakness in seafood, have tried with cocktail but pace is genius... you really outdid yourself with this one! Hope this wins first prize!~ wowow!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boy that sure is purty!

    Perfect for this rather small football game that might be coming up this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's funny to see these waves of product recipes go by. Now it's Pace's turn, huh? :)

    I love the sound of this recipe, especially with the crab. Who doesn't love crab? Thanks for sharing your creation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love pace..my in laws always have it on the table, a perfect spin..i love dips with crab!
    have a great week

    sweetlife

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like this...I really love dips with cream cheese and some great flavors like this one :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful dish and beautiful presentation. I have come to love Nachos. Yet to try your recipes. Thanks very much for sending me. You are always a great help, Drick. Appreciate lots :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. With crab meat? YUM...Brilliant! Flavorful and tasty ... can't ask for more.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Okay - who can top this? Cream cheese, mayo and fresh crab. That's what I call game day heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We enjoyed our bottles of Pace, too. That tastemaker's program is a fun perk. I love what you did with this dip. I make a chili sauce version, but haven't ever thought to make it this way.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Quick and easy with crab meat too, perfect! My box arrived soggy... two smashed jars :(

    ReplyDelete
  12. This dip looks fab and is going on my "must try" list! Of course, your whole blog is on my "must try" list! lol Love the hot, Pace picante sauce, and even put it on scrambled eggs!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts