My Top 20 Mardi Gras Foods

Breakfast Bread Pudding

More Mardi Gras Fun 


Parades started last week and will continue until Fat Tuesday, March 8th, and there is so much fun to be had, I just can't stand it. As you all know, one fun thing I enjoy is eating and here are a few of my favorite foods during the season. Enjoy!


Brunch
Bloody Mary

Bloody Mary by TastyTrix
Chef David Guas' Buttermilk Beignets
Crispy Creole Callas and savory fritter versions
Jalapeno Hash-Brown Casserole from Cajun Delights
Cajun Chef Ryan's Florentine Omelet
Lana's Cinnamon Rolls with Cream Cheese Icing


Parade Time

Shrimp Pate
Marinated Shrimp & Mushrooms 
Easy Appetizer - Crab Louie Bites
Delicious Bean Dip from Sweet Life
For shrimp lovers - Shrimp Pate
Claudia's French Bread Pizzas
Gulf Coast Seafood Gumbo, how we do it in Mobile
Tina's Pasta with Seafood Sauce, sort of...
My take on bouillabaisse, Bayoubaisse




After the Ball
Cajun Biscuits

Milk Punch - actually 2 recipes, here & here
Cajun Biscuits with Green Onion Mayonnaise
My Shrimp & Grits, two ways
Marguerite's Fabulous Cajun Breakfast Bread Pudding
Mardi Gras Cajun Ham
Hearty Grillades over stone-ground grits, my favorite

Comments

  1. I was sitting back in my chair and actually sat up straight so I could read this properly and take notes. :) I'm bookmarking this page so I can go back and look at the recipes more closely as party time comes. I'll need something to take and these all work for me. I'm going to go look at that breakfast bread pudding now though. I LOVE breakfast foods!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what a great page to come to from soup to nuts! Literally a wonderful tribute for such a fabulous time of the year, this was awesome Drick, and alot of work... thanks for including me as well... lovely recipes here... going to keep this one around all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great list of recipes Drick! I wish I could see the parade and enjoy some of these goodies- what a fun time of the year;-)
    I think I would like a bowl of the seafood gumbo, well I can always dream!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will just have the bloody mary and your shrimp and grits please :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, what a fabulous line up! I am wanting the seafood gumbo and shrimp n grits for starters :) Oh, and a bloody mary to prep my taste buds for the rest...

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a wonderful list of food. I'm sure they are great for any parties.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's it - I'm making a batch of gumbo in honor of Mardi Gras, but wish I were there! Bloody Mary, please :) Thanks for this great list, Drick and Cajun Chef Ryan!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Going to Mardi Gras is one of the things on my to-do-before-I-depart-this-world list. Never have been, but I can tell you one thing. When I do get there for Mardi Gras, I'm coming over to your house to eat! I'll take one of everything you've got listed here. Yum! And thanks for including my lil' ole cinnamon rolls :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, what a fabulous list! I've always wanted to check out Mardi Gras in Mobile, and these menus certainly would be a draw! And thanks for the great links and kind mention, cher! Happy Mardi Gras!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aw, thanks for including my Bloody Mary - I can't believe you remembered that! I remain totally jealous of all the fun you are having down there.
    : )

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great roundup and yummy tribute Drick. Thanks for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  12. you certainly compiled a great list of drinks and foods to serve for any celebration!
    Let the good time roll my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastic list. I've only seen the Mardi Gras festivities on the television. I'm so glad you're having a wonderful time!

    Kristi

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts