Shrimp Butter Spread

Let see Forrest,

You can use this on: crackers, bread slices, toast points, pita chips, bagel chips, canapes, cucumber slices, radish rings, celery sticks, fried green tomato wheels, fish and grits, soft shell crab sandwiches, sushi rolls, Thai rolls, Vietnamese rolls, summer rolls, crab claws, catfish fingers, fish sticks, squid rings, steak oscar, tomato wheels, tomato bacon wraps, bacon wrapped jalapeños, mini seafood shells, oyster loaf, crawfish loaf, crab balls, boudin balls, lobster burgers, fish tacos, seafood kabobs, grilled portobellas, chipotle corn cakes, grilled salmon, smoked salmon, salmon waffles, seared candied scallops, garlic mussels, coconut shrimp, crab stuffed shrimp, fried shrimp, boiled shrimp, pickled shrimp, shrimp cocktail, Cajun shrimp, shrimp shooters, shrimp skewers . . . okay, that's enough, I'm tired now...

Enjoy!


Shrimp Butter Spread
ain't never any left

3/4 cup butter, softened
1 -8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
1 cup chopped cooked shrimp ( or 2 -4 oz cans, drained)
1 tablespoon chopped onion
3 tablespoons lemon juice
dash of red hot pepper sauce
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
4 tablespoons (1/4 cup) mayonnaise

Place the butter and cream cheese into a mixing bowl and beat with an electric mixer.
Add the remaining ingredients and beat until fluffy.
Cover and chill for several hours to develop flavor.
Allow the butter to come to room temperature before serving.

Note: Serve with a relish tray of sliced pimento stuffed olives, sliced green onions and roasted red pepper slivers if desired along with crackers.

Comments

  1. This one's right up my alley. I make something similar with tuna but the shrimp sounds even more delicious…. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy Yummy Yummy! This is something we have every holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think what you're sayin' is that it's good on any and everything! That's what I'm sayin'!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is party food! Or any time appetizer chow. I see this making it way to my patio

    ReplyDelete
  5. You had me at the fried green tomatoes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this stuff. I mean, really, really love it. Like once I start eating it, I can't stop. Heck, I'd probably even put it on cornbread :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Drick,

    I love that recipe! I haven't had shrimp dip in quite some time, but that is truly a favorite. I wanted to let you know that I checked Ralph Brennan's cookbook and there are several crab recipes, but not the one you mentioned. Guess I might have to track that dish down in New Orleans later this month! ;)

    Gwen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mmm ... and Gulf shrimp of course!! This sounds fabulous. Thanks for stopping by the blog again. It is my pleasure to let people know about Gulf shrimp and supporting domestic fishing. : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh yum! You know how I love shrimp and this dip looks scrumptious! Think I'll make up a double batch for my house guests who have decided to stay a few more days! Merci for the great recipe, cher!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I must try this! This would have been amazing along side the massive wedding BBQ feast this past weekend! Absolutely fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts