Why I've been absent...

So sorry...

First, I want to apologize for not being my regular self. I know my 24/7 is the same as yours and when I say I've been too busy, that's like saying my importance is more important than spending it with you. So, the truth is, and y'all know I cannot lie, I took a trip trip to Mars and it was so so top secret that I was not able to tauk to  any one at my friendly home-base earth. Okay, the real truth is that aliens kidnapped me in route and we kinda of hit it off doing si-si-sillys, funny things that only aliens like to do. I am sorry that only schedule posts have run these past few weeks.

Yup, it sounds like I've been hitting the bottle again, but the real truth, and I mean really now, is that y'all know I am finishing up on a cookbook and it is consuming all of my time other that when at work, which is most all the time other that my required sleep.

So, since I have had to cooked, rather, recooked recipes for the book, I thought I might share a few photos with you. These are just a few. Each recipe is non published by me although they are some of our most treasured ones around the Mobile area. That's what the book is about, sort of a journal of cookery as I know it from our area, recipes steeped in history and many passed down through generations of local cooks and restaurants, well, my version of them anyway.

I just thought it would be nice for you to know, meaning the winners from the past few weeks of Game-Day Week Giveaways and the future weeks to come; giving a peek into some of the things you can expect...


The cookbook is now out
click on title to view and order

Thanks for stopping by...

Comments

  1. Hilarious opening paragraph! :) I'm in the same boat, working a lot on my cookbook, so I feel your pain. Thanks for the preview and the killer pics! Fabulous, cher! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The photos are really pretty, Drick! When's the new book coming out??

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Marguerite - I cannot wait for yours to come out - put me down for the first copy...

    @Lana - my goal is to be finished mid January as stated with the giveaway, but the writing and researching our local lore and history is slowing me down...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Life can be a real bugger when the aliens get you. And I thought that was you I saw cruising in the mothership next to the one I was in!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Drick, those pictures are drool-worthy. I didn't make it in time for an entry this week, but am going to give it another shot for the next game day giveaway.

    You concentrate on what you need to do. I think everyone here understands the needs of real life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the new cookbook. Incredibly exciting.

    Almost as exciting as hitting the bottle. I mean getting abducted by aliens ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the photos! Hope the aliens don't snatch you again while you have your head in a book researching.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How fantastic. Everything looks scrumptious. I look forward to the book. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Waiting on the third and fifth picture!!! They all look fabulous :) Can't wait for the book!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the opener! Can't wait to see these amazing recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow those pictures are all mouth watering Drick good luck to you and this wonderful new book! I give you lots of credit I tried to do one with LULU got so frustrated with the starting over and moving things around its far to much work I know your pain! I gave up... much much success to you! XO

    ReplyDelete
  12. They all look fantastic...hope it's going well :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Far be it from me to cast aspersions on anyone for disappearing for a bit! lol. I am so excited I won your cookbook and so impressed by all the work you are doing. It is going to be fantastic!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts