Crab and Shrimp Stuffed Jalapeños

Seafood stuffing is perfect for jalapeños

There are so many ways to stuff jalapeños, heck, I suspect thousands. All kinds of names for them too from Texan Armadillo Eggs to Cajun Firecrackers, After Burn Tomorrows to Deviled Scotch Eggs, even one called Chicken Cordon Blowout. And jalapeños are filled with everything imaginable; Cheddar, Parmesan, Mozzarella, Mascarpone, Cream Cheese, Pepper Jack to mention a few cheeses. Choose your meat and it's been poked in a pepper as well, pork, chicken, beef, fish, shellfish and other critters. Yes, every flavor I suspect known to mankind has shared camaraderie with the jalapeño. Now, why is that?

What makes a jalapeño so darn envious of other foodstuff that every thing on earth feels the need to want to jump right in? I dunno but I do know most everything I have ever put in there myself is rewarding whether grilled, fried or baked. Wrapped in bacon, battered up or left naked as a jaybird, it's all good to me.

This past week, as soon as we got back from our trip, I had a hankering for seafood. So I went down to my favorite shrimp and fish house (oyster too) and loaded up on enough to get us through an afternoon of our favorites. Two being stuffed jumbo shrimp and these jalapeños made with an old fashion way of making a dressing (very little breading at all) of lump crab meat blended with creole goodness.

I use the same recipe - Crab Stuffing for Shrimp, Flounder etc. - as I do when I stuff jumbo shrimp, flounder, lobster or even when I make deviled crabs and boulettes. I sometimes add tiny salad shrimp to the crab and veggie mix in stuffing jalapeños. It makes for one fine taste.

Hope you try these little delights as they are some kind of good - enjoy!

You can find the recipe here. Add about a cup of cooked salad size shrimp to the mix if desired.

Mound crab dressing into jalapeños halves and roll in the cracker/panko mixture.


Bake in a preheated 350 degree F. oven until tops are slightly brown, about 15-20 minutes. Serve with your favorite sauce or try one on mine; Creole Seafood Sauce, Louis SauceCreole Rémoulade Sauce or Horseradish Sauce.

Comments

  1. I love any kind of seafood this sounds wonderful looks awesome too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg, I want these NOW! They look sinfully delicious and I will be making them this weekend! Definitely one for the "Drick file". :) You are the best, cher!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant! What a great use of crab that's a little different and unexpected.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now these *really* look delicious! I can just taste that sweet crab offset by the hotness of the jalapeño… I'll have to try this one really soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG, I can always count on you for great Football food!! love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many ways to do stuffed jalapenos, and I've got to try out crab and shrimp the next time.

    Bon appetite!
    CCR
    =:~)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts