|Buttermilk Brined Grilled Chicken, photo|
Here are some more interesting facts from Bloomberg.
- Americans purchase over 700 million pounds of chicken the week of July 4th making chicken the most popular item to throw on the grill.
- 155 million hot dogs are consumed on the fourth. That's enough to stretch from Washington DC to Los Angeles - 5 times.
- 1 out of 6 beef products (like hot dogs, hamburgers, steaks) come from the lone star state of Texas. Americans enjoying beef on the fourth ranks lower than chicken or pork.
- The average Independence barbecue meal averages 1,667 calories . . . actually lower than most think.
- One of the most common side dishes for the holiday is baked beans. North Dakota supplies 34 percent of the beans produced in the United States.
- "There's nothing better than an ice-cold beer" rings true on the fourth as over 24 million cases are sold during the holiday period.
- Apple Pie is the most popular dessert on Independence Day and is synonymous with Fourth of July.
- We all scream for ice cream in the United States around Independence Day, as National Ice Cream Day is celebrated on July 3 and July is National Ice Cream month.
Now for some of my Favorite Recipes:
|Potato Salad with Deviled Egg Dressing|
|Creamy Southern Pasta Salad|
|Fresh Green Beans and New Potatoes|
|Sweet Grilled Vidalia Onions|
|Baked Beans with Brown Sugar Recipe|
|How to Barbecue Chicken and Poultry|
|Drick's Mojo Chicken|
|Old Fashion BBQ Grilled Chicken|
|Award Winning Summertime Tasting Hamburgers|
|Hamburger Skewers for Picky Eaters|
|4 Hot Dog Recipes|
|Pulled Pork - grilled Boston Butt Roast|
|BBQ Rib Rub and Mopping Sauce Recipes|
|Kansas City Style BBQ Ribs and Sauce|
|Rub and Method for Perfect Grilled Steaks - My Way|
|Teriyaki Garlic Steak Marinade|
|Grilled Beef and vegetable Kabobs|